We’re celebrating Ada Lovelace Day throughout the month of October and hope you’ll join us in celebrating women in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
Join us in honoring her legacy by marking your calendars for these upcoming Ada Lovelace Day events!
Mozilla Curriculum Workshop: Tuesday, October 11 6am PT/9am ET/ 1pm UTC
In our webcast this month, we’ll be recognizing the challenges, accomplishments and contributions of women leaders from the Mozilla Leadership Network around the globe. Join to help us build teaching and learning resources promoting women and the web.
Mozilla Learning/Mozilla Science Community Call: Thursday, October 13 8am PT/ 11am ET/ 3pm UTC
The presence and participation of women in STEM is on the rise thanks to the efforts of many across the globe, but there are still obstacles and barriers to overcome. This month, Mozilla Learning and the Mozilla Science Lab are joining forces to explore current opportunities and supports for women in STEM around the world.
Guest speakers include:
- Kirstie Whitaker, Postdoc at University of Cambridge, UK, Mozilla Science Lab 2016 Fellow, Lead on STEMM Role Models Project (@kirstie_j)
- Zannah Marsh, Curriculum Strategist, Mozilla Science Lab (@zannahlou)
- Srushtika Neelakantam, University Student, Mozilla Clubs Captain (@srushtika)
- Meghan Murphy, Science and Technology Policy Fellow (@NSF)
#TTWchat: Wednesday, October 19 9am PT/12pm ET/4pm UTC
Join @MozLearn and @MozillaScience to discuss and celebrate women in STEM during a one-hour tweet chat.
Questions we’ll discuss include:
- What advice would you share with young girls interested in pursuing scientific fields?
- What inspirational female scientist role model do you look up to and why?
- What book/biography changed your perspective on women in STEM and why?
You can also sign up for our monthly newsletter, which includes information about upcoming events, featured teach the web activities, announcements, and more at www.learning.mozilla.org.